• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Firefox 3 Stopped working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Thanks, settings are as the link says.
    Working now?
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

What router? If a decent one with built in firewall why are you using ZA on top? Like wearing two johnnys IMO...
      Last edited by administrator; 9 July 2008, 23:40. Reason: clraity ;o)

Comment

Edit:
        Looks like ZoneAlarm has decided I surf too much and is blocking everything even though the program control settings look ok. What Firewalls do others use?
        Does this help: Windows update leads to web black-out

I noticed this story in the newspaper I was shoving down my coat to keep me warm here in the gutter:

"Hundreds of thousands of people who use the ZoneAlarm firewall to protect their PC have been locked out of the internet by Microsoft's latest round of software updates. Microsoft released four high-priority fixes as part of its regular Patch Tuesday update, one of which left ZoneAlarm users without web access."

"Zonelabs posted this advice: "Sudden loss of internet access: Microsoft Update KB951748 is known to cause loss of internet access for ZoneAlarm users. We recommend that users uninstall KB951748 using "Add or Remove Programs" until the issue is resolved.""
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

I noticed this story in the newspaper I was shoving down my coat to keep me warm here in the gutter:

"Hundreds of thousands of people who use the ZoneAlarm firewall to protect their PC have been locked out of the internet by Microsoft's latest round of software updates. Microsoft released four high-priority fixes as part of its regular Patch Tuesday update, one of which left ZoneAlarm users without web access."

"Zonelabs posted this advice: "Sudden loss of internet access: Microsoft Update KB951748 is known to cause loss of internet access for ZoneAlarm users. We recommend that users uninstall KB951748 using "Add or Remove Programs" until the issue is resolved.""
          Yep, happened to me. Took me a while to figure it out as the Linux boxes were all connecting but Windoze wasn't.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Yeah I was about to say the above. The latest internet security patch was released on the 8th so if you have auto updates then that is the error.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Excellent RC, I was having loads of problems with my laptop last night, but the Vista desktop was fine.

Looks like a job for this evening along with training, PVa'ing walls etc..

Comment

Hmm! never crossed my mind that Microshaft might screw everyone up

Comment

Nice job Richy C. That was the problem

Just wondering though, if as administrator said I actually need ZA. The router I've got from SKY (Netgear DG834GT) has a built in Firewall, so I'll play around with th router and may not switch ZA back on at all.

Aside: Do you people never sleep??

Comment

Nice job Richy C. That was the problem

Just wondering though, if as administrator said I actually need ZA. The router I've got from SKY (Netgear DG834GT) has a built in Firewall, so I'll play around with th router and may not switch ZA back on at all.

Aside: Do you people never sleep??
                    Only during working hours

Comment

Good point, well made.

BTW thanks for the help Diver.

Comment

Working...
                      X