• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

flat screen tv + internet ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flat screen tv + internet ?

Currently looking for a flat screen tv that also has built in internet - eg I can use it with maybe a wireless keyboard/mouse for internet browsing. Ideally would also be able to connect it to my home lan so I can download to or access stuff from an external hard drive.

Does anyone have anything setup like this and/or recommendations ?

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Currently looking for a flat screen tv that also has built in internet - eg I can use it with maybe a wireless keyboard/mouse for internet browsing. Ideally would also be able to connect it to my home lan so I can download to or access stuff from an external hard drive.

Buy a cheap PS3 and replace the hard drive for a 250gb one.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

I think this functionality is quite common on most sets these days. I have a Sony Bravia (and a PS3) with this setup. I don't use it as often as I thought I would although I do occasionally hook it up to my desk top via http://www.orb.com which makes browsing photos, accessing media etc good fun on a large quality screen.

Comment

Yup - I was thinking the Bravia + PS3 route - Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X