• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Win2008/Win2003 and IPv6

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win2008/Win2003 and IPv6

Anyone had experience of setting up IPv6 networks on Win 2003 and 2008? The MS websites are pretty crap with details and am having some problems. For 2008 it details on how to set it up using netsh for a manual address as the router is, apparently, supposed to give the system the IPv6 address however it is possible to configure via the networking details GUI which I have done. I can see an IPv6 address assigned to the system and ping and telnet to it via the IPv6 work fine. With 2003 you have to install MS TCPIP 6 and I presume also only configure the via the GUI which I have also done. Both systems can talk to each other via their respective IPv6 addresses yet I have an application which picks up the default IPv6 address which is assigned automatically. This one I have to get rid of, i.e.

Manual Preferred infinite infinite fd00:9:152:48:4020:ffff:23:227
    Other Preferred infinite infinite fe80::ed11:9cdf:d43e:588a%10
    I only want to pick up the 'Manual' address and not the 'Other.'

(Also any guide on how to configure OpenSuSE to do this would be nice as this is part of the network as well.)

TIA.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Use IPv4

HTH

Comment

Oh, and whatever happened to IPv5?!?!?

Comment

Working...
      X