• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My new printer's broken...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new printer's broken...

I just unpacked and put together my spangly new Canon MP510 scanner/printer/copier thingy and it looks very pretty.

Then I tried to use it. It goes through all the motions of printing, except it's not laying any ink on the paper. All four cartridges are brand new, so I'm guessing it's not them, but it has a separately installed print head, which I suspect to be the problem.

Does the congregation have any advice on how to fix before I phone Canon and get cross?
    ǝןqqıʍ

You sure there is no plastic protection around the print head or cartridges?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      You sure there is no plastic protection around the print head or cartridges?
      Unfortunately not, it all came off when I first installed everything. Think I'm just going to phone up and shout tomorrow.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        I just unpacked and put together my spangly new Canon MP510 scanner/printer/copier thingy and it looks very pretty.

Then I tried to use it. It goes through all the motions of printing, except it's not laying any ink on the paper. All four cartridges are brand new, so I'm guessing it's not them, but it has a separately installed print head, which I suspect to be the problem.

Does the congregation have any advice on how to fix before I phone Canon and get cross?
        Can I make a silly suggestion - anything in the manual?

Comment

Unfortunately not, it all came off when I first installed everything. Think I'm just going to phone up and shout tomorrow.
          shout tomorrow? why not shout abuse?

IGMC.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            shout tomorrow? why not shout abuse?

IGMC.
            Let me help you put it on
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Can I make a silly suggestion - anything in the manual?
              The what?
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Let me help you put it on
                sorry

Comment

The what?
                  Is there one online?

Comment

Is there one online?
                    Manuals are for girls and the technically inept.

(So I had a look in the paper one and on the Canon website and can't find anything heplful)
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X