• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

which linux for EM64T, x86_64 version?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which linux for EM64T, x86_64 version?

Just recently go a machine with a Intel E2180 processor...this is a 2Ghz dual core processor with EM64T. My question is can I install x86_64 versions of Linux on it and the 64bit version of Windows Server 2008.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Yeah, no problem there..
    The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Some unix distros make you use AMD64 for EMT64 stuff (such as FreeBSD).

Comment

I think EMT64 is based on AMD64 anyway.
        Now just to download the x86_64 verson of CentOS - i need to run Oracle on it. Its 4GB in DVD format and damned if I can get a successful download. Keeps timing out.
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Any chance you could use a download manager (like Free Download Manager)?? Or is it like MSDN (been so long since I downloaded anything from OTN)??
          The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Cheers. That download manager seems to be doing the trick. Much better than trying to use Firefox or IE to download. I just wonder if it will also work with the Oracle site.

Comment

Use a bittorent.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X