• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dns hosting and forwarding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dns hosting and forwarding

Hi people,

I have a couple of domains that I want to use, without paying my adsl supplier the fortune they want to charge (£80/year to host each name)

So I am looking for a domain hosting/dns hosting supplier. I? have webspace and email supplied by my adsl supplier so all I want is someone to host the dns and provide web and mail forwarding.

So any recommendations ?

I found 123-reg.co.uk who seem to claim to offer what I need for £10/year - too good to be true ? Have I misunderstood their pricing ?

thanks

Chickens

Originally posted by nobody here but us chicke
    Hi people,

I have a couple of domains that I want to use, without paying my adsl supplier the fortune they want to charge (£80/year to host each name)

So I am looking for a domain hosting/dns hosting supplier. I? have webspace and email supplied by my adsl supplier so all I want is someone to host the dns and provide web and mail forwarding.

So any recommendations ?

I found 123-reg.co.uk who seem to claim to offer what I need for £10/year - too good to be true ? Have I misunderstood their pricing ?

thanks

Chickens
    Try this: www.godaddy.com

It's cheap as chips for each domain, and you can do loads of stuff. And you get a free e-mail account!! But you can get as many as you need. Top ranks from me. I've got my web domain (www.rap-it.biz) and my personal web domain (www.rolandashdown.com) hosted by them, but my actual site is hosted on my dotMac account.

Tryst me, it's great, and cheap, and slick, and easy to manage. Take a look.

Cheers

Comment

ta

thanks

I shall wander over and have a look

Comment

Working...
      X