• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XBOX Live

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBOX Live

Tried loads of things, customer "support" but to no avail.

Up into about 10 daysago my sons Xbox 360 could connect quite happily to XBOX live. Config is XBOX360 -> 3COM Wireless Hub -> Router.

The router is unrestricted in terms of nat etc. In any event the configuration of it has not been changed.

What happens now:-

- The headset works, so there is some connection
    - The XBOX appears connected if I look at the router network activity
    - Whet I power up the XBOX it gives the "gamername is online" box. This immediately revers to showing the XBOX Line and Connect boxes on the dashboard.
    - If I run the connection test,m everything passes
    - If I try and connect in Market place it will "go through the motions" but doesn't connect. No error message etc.
    - I can see which of his friends are on line
    - If I play a game it will say "gamername (him) is online". Trying to do online play the requests will fail, in various manners depending upon the game in question.

Any suggestions ? preferably helpful

Have you checked the status of Live on the web?

There has been several issues in last 6 months, with varying rants on the interweb about it!

Comment

Have you paid the bill? They might have downgraded you to silver instead of gold?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
        Have you checked the status of Live on the web?

There has been several issues in last 6 months, with varying rants on the interweb about it!
        As far as I can tell it's all OK (not that I use it it my kids). In any event he *says* all his mates can get in OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Have you paid the bill? They might have downgraded you to silver instead of gold?
          The month trial has now elapsed (though it hadn't when the problem started). Son bought a 3 month sub which he tells me he has registered properly (but I would have no idea if he has or not).

In any event, even if downgraded, surely it should still connect to marketplace so that the demos and all that stuff are available. [Or at least say "bog off, we want some cash"].

Everything I can find on the web seems to deal with the problems one gets on the connection test screen - but it passes all those

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
            Tried loads of things, customer "support" but to no avail.

Up into about 10 daysago my sons Xbox 360 could connect quite happily to XBOX live. Config is XBOX360 -> 3COM Wireless Hub -> Router.

The router is unrestricted in terms of nat etc. In any event the configuration of it has not been changed.

What happens now:-

- The headset works, so there is some connection
            - The XBOX appears connected if I look at the router network activity
            - Whet I power up the XBOX it gives the "gamername is online" box. This immediately revers to showing the XBOX Line and Connect boxes on the dashboard.
            - If I run the connection test,m everything passes
            - If I try and connect in Market place it will "go through the motions" but doesn't connect. No error message etc.
            - I can see which of his friends are on line
            - If I play a game it will say "gamername (him) is online". Trying to do online play the requests will fail, in various manners depending upon the game in question.

Any suggestions ? preferably helpful
            they upgraded the network the other monday (last week i think, about 10days ago). it was down from 9am for most of the day.
            I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Sure your ISP isn't rate limiting your traffic?

I got the same issue with my PS3 playing COD4. During peak times I can't play, but I check my speed and I'm getting over 5MB at these times. knew it was ok generally so raised a ticket and found out that my ISP was limiting my traffic for this game at peak times. Mofos tried to blame the hardware, given I work in networking, I know that's a pile of BS but nothing I can do bar move ISP.

Which I'm gonna do.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

The result seems to be it's the Xbox live update that's screwed it.

After being on the phone for 2 hours with support we did everything I had previously. Twice.

Then downloaded the updates onto a CD. It's supposed to update itself from this , it didn't.

End result is they are sending UPS to pick it up and they'll do the upgrade. It seems this is a not entirely uncommon problem (though if it was that common I would have thought I'd have stumbled across it in my searches for info).

Makes me wonder what the attitude might be when it's out of warranty ond they stuff it up for me....

Comment

XBOX LIVE Connection Fails

Hi I have exactly the same issues to the letter, I have tried xbox support on several occasions and no luck, please let me know if you get your sons sorted and possible solutions

Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X