• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transferring msn contacts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring msn contacts

I increasingly relying on msn messenger (or Windows Live Messenger as it is now called) to keep in contact with current and ex client staff and other contractors, as well as all my mates who are scattered about the country.

Problem is that I have had the same msn signin (based on a waaayyyy old freeserve email address!) since the ninetys when I was a teenager and the address is rather zany and I feel a bit stupid when giving it to clients etc.

Is there an easy or automatic way I can transfer all of my contacts to a new account? Actually, what would be ideal would be to have 2 accounts, one to keep for my mates and one for professional contacts - perhaps using my ltd company name... can you be signed into 2 accounts simultaneously?

Ta.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

I think you can use trillian for the 2 accounts thing.

As far as transfering the account, canney be done cap'ain, as far as i know.

TM

Comment

This should do you for the transferring of contacts...

linky

As for signing into two accounts at once, sure it is possible, just not with the microsoft client.

I use the Pidgin messenger client. It supports tons of protocols and I have two MSN accounts, an ICQ and IRC all signed in at once (personal & work).

linky

I like Pidgin a lot. I use it on windows and linux. No built in advert delivery mechanisms and it's very reliable. I like the "tabbed" conversation window.

The best feature is you can auto sign into MSN as "invisible".
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

wicked

thanks miffy

Comment

Pidgin looks ideal for my needs. Excellent. Thanks miffy
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

The two accounts thing is possible if you add msn messenger plus to your msn account. Tis free,

http://www.msgpluslive.net/

Comment

Working...
            X