• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poorly Acer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poorly Acer

Got an Acer 5050.

The yellow jack power thing (part of the lappie not the power cord) has broken - the middle pin has come out.

Tried to locate another, but no joy.

1. Anyone know of anywhere I could get one?
    2. Is this an easy to fit part?

Plan B is to get ripped off by PC World.......

have you tried typing "laptop repairs" into:

google.co.uk
    ask jeeves
    yell.com
    yahoo.co.uk

I'll skip to the big finish.

<< canned laughter >>

Comment

tulip the bed....first result in google.

http://www.laptoprepair.co.uk/how-to...nector-pin.htm

Comment

Wonder if that's what was wrong with my laptop?

I had a prod about, gave up and bought a new laptop instead. More cost effective than me spending my time to try and fix it.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Won't your new permie employer give you a laptop so they can squeeze a few extra hours out of you at home?
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I had to do mine a few weeks ago as my laptop (Acer Travelmate 8600lmi) fell off the sofa and landed sideways on the power-jack. Believe me, was I ever pissed off or what. Anyway, after much deliberation about sending off to get it fixed or buying a new laptop, I decided to fix it myself.

http://www.laptopjacks.co.uk/ShowCat...p?CategoryID=5

You will also need to find the service manual if your unsure about dismantling your laptop. It takes about a 30 minute job to dismantle the laptop, unsolder the broken power jack, solder in the new one and then re-assemble it.

Make sure you've got a decent soldering iron and pump.

Comment

Working...
            X