• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noddy Outlook Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you manually checked your account setup (POP3 address, password, etc) as NAV does fiddle with them during the set up procedure?

Comment

I use Outlook 2003 (and had the other previous versions too) and have always used McAfee virus scan. Never had a problem!

Always kept both fully up to date with patches etc. Once, way back in the day, I did use Norton and it caused merry hell. Never touched it since. When I build PC's, it's McAfee that goes on (despite my supplier trying to sell me Norton all the time) and I've not had a complaint yet.

I would try:
      Check ADSL or (heaven forbid! dial-up) connection.
      Check all settings, for pop3 and smtp servers, user name and password.
      Disable NAV completely and test email.
      Disable/re-enable individual NAV services one-by-one to pinpoint where the error is, testing your mail as you go.
      Check NAV support for known issues and fixes (could do same with MS but you'll probably get less help).
      Uninstall NAV and try McAfee!

Comment

Working...
      X