• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retreived deleted Partition Data

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retreived deleted Partition Data

Hi techies, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me.
    I recently deleted my HD patitions but managed to retreive most of the data however upon launching word docs, mp3's or jpg & jpegs, I get errors for each, for Mp3's & Avi's I get missing or corrupt codecs, for jpgs I get a similar error and when the word doc launches it produces gibberish.
    Do's anyone know how these can be repaired, I'm not too bothered abt the Mp3's but certainly the pics as these have sentimental family value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again People

Originally posted by gman1234 View Post
    Hi techies, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me.
    I recently deleted my HD patitions but managed to retreive most of the data however upon launching word docs, mp3's or jpg & jpegs, I get errors for each, for Mp3's & Avi's I get missing or corrupt codecs, for jpgs I get a similar error and when the word doc launches it produces gibberish.
    Do's anyone know how these can be repaired, I'm not too bothered abt the Mp3's but certainly the pics as these have sentimental family value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again People
    There comes a point in every computer-reliant person's life when they lose a hard disc. Or the contents thereof. Or the computer it lives in. Or its boot details or partition details. Or its integrity. That is when we achieve a higher plane and see the light. We take the pain and use it to grow, to become more than we were.

For there are two kinds of people on this earth: those who have lost a disc and take backups, and those yet to learn why they should take backups.

Select:

a) You've lost your documents. Move on. Learn, grow and buy a backup solution.

b) If you do not know what the files contained before they were corrupted, why should some software? Your only chances are either you took a physical copy of the disc prior to trying recovery, or you used a non-destructive recovery process. If the latter, it may still be possible to achieve a full recovery of the disc if you haven't written (too much) to it since the disaster. It will be a world of pain and take ages but this may be recoverable. It is even possible to recosntruct a deleted partition table - I know 'cos I've done it. So, in precise detail, what method did you use to get these files off? And have you written to the disc since then?
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
    X