• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

O2 mobile broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 mobile broadband

I'm looking at getting a new phone and a mobile broadband modem/datacard under an O2 business account, and I was wandering if anyone has got any opinions on the O2 mobile b/b service?

Also, would I have to pay for a '2-user' tariff to get both phone and mobile b/b?

Thanks!

only just been launched and from what i can see its more expensive than other mobile broadband packages
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I believe the mobile broadband and phone contracts are completely separate. They certainly are on 3.

I have 3 mobile broadband (currently the cheapest one I believe) and a T-Mobile business phone contract.

Comment

Originally posted by mbriody View Post
        I believe the mobile broadband and phone contracts are completely separate. They certainly are on 3.

I have 3 mobile broadband (currently the cheapest one I believe) and a T-Mobile business phone contract.
        Er..... I have 3 mobile broadband on the same contract as my (3)phone. In fact I use my phone as a modem (and a phone!) - making the connection to my linux laptop via bluetooth.
        Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 2 February 2008, 01:31. Reason: clarity

Comment

Do you have a contract with the USB dongle (which contains a 'broadband' SIM)?

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Er..... I have 3 mobile broadband on the same contract as my (3)phone. In fact I use my phone as a modem (and a phone!) - making the connection to my linux laptop via bluetooth.

Comment

Originally posted by mbriody View Post
            Do you have a contract with the USB dongle (which contains a 'broadband' SIM)?
            No Because I don't have USB dongle - as I said, I use my phone, a nokia N73 which has a built-in modem. It's still a phone of course, one phone, one sim, one contract, 3GB download limit per month for 15 quid and a mobile net connection. I don't evenn use wires any more - bluetooth.

Comment

Ah okay, wasn't aware that was available on a standard contract. When I asked they told me they couldn't do it and that the broadband was a separate product.

Comment

Working...
              X