• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ADSL connection suddenly dropped to 48kbps - not a fault according to UK Online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    This is a good reason to buy everything BB related from BT, Seeing as they supply the product anyway.

That said, your diagnosis seems likely. You'll probably have to wait for them to sort it out themselves.
    Ha!

You have the same situation, BT Wholesale insist that the ISP contact them, only difference is that the ISP name starts with the same 2 letters. BT Broadband aaargh foam spittt stabbity stab have a support line in India with seemingly no way to escalate to 2nd line. At the end of the script they just tell you that the fault must lie with your PC or router.

Even after I got the BT Home Help paying service to confirm that my fault was in the exchange, BT Broadband support line:
    1. insisted on going through all the questions yet again (which lights are on on the router? Switch off for 30 secs. Do a ping. Etc etc)
    2. Despite BT Home Help, insisted that "the line tests OK" (I believe this meant, "is marked as OK on the CRM app screen")
    3. Claimed yet again that it must be the router.
    4. Said there was nothing more they could do.
    5. cut me off.

I finally had to call out a BT engineer at my expense, cost to be refunded in the unlikely event that the fault was in the exchange. Guess what? It was. And BTW they would never have sorted it out by themselves, they saw no problem.

It took 3 weeks and many hours on the phone. The very memory makes me seethe again. I had better go off for a while.
    Last edited by expat; 16 January 2008, 11:20.

Comment

Working...
    X