• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speakers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speakers

Am looking for any opinions on surround sound speakers for the home. Anybody own some wireless 2.1 speakers. Are they any good or would you recommend going for the full 5.1 systems?

Are you looking for your PC or for a home cinema setup?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Home cinema setup

Comment

OK, second question, what's your budget and existing setup?
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          OK, second question, what's your budget and existing setup?
          Not really restricted within reason. I have nothing in place at the moment other than new tv, ps3 etc. Basically am looking to maximise TV/PS3 HDMI capabilities and am clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Not really restricted within reason. I have nothing in place at the moment other than new tv, ps3 etc. Basically am looking to maximise TV/PS3 HDMI capabilities and am clueless.
            Cool, I'll have a look at lunch and come back with some suggestions
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

http://www.avforums.com/ is your friend when it comes to all things AV.

I have a set of Kef 2000 series satellites+sub, I'm not a huge 'Audiofool' so I just went on recommendations and magazine/web reviews. Have a look here they have products for 2.1, 5.1 and wireless setups.

Make sure you get an amp with HDMI throughput, I hear Pioneer do some good ones these days.

As I said I'm no expert but from what I've read Bose are one to avoid these days, no idea why mind?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                http://www.avforums.com/ is your friend when it comes to all things AV.

I have a set of Kef 2000 series satellites+sub, I'm not a huge 'Audiofool' so I just went on recommendations and magazine/web reviews. Have a look here they have products for 2.1, 5.1 and wireless setups.

Make sure you get an amp with HDMI throughput, I hear Pioneer do some good ones these days.

As I said I'm no expert but from what I've read Bose are one to avoid these days, no idea why mind?
                Cheers for that. Will have a look.

Comment

I'm a bit out of date but Yamaha have always been decently prices amps that put out a very good sound quality. Whatever you do go to your local hi-fi shop and get them to demo the kit you are thinking of buying for you, and also listen to some other stuff in a simalr price range to get an idea of the sound quality. Don't need to buy it there, but the demo is well worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    I'm a bit out of date but Yamaha have always been decently prices amps that put out a very good sound quality. Whatever you do go to your local hi-fi shop and get them to demo the kit you are thinking of buying for you, and also listen to some other stuff in a simalr price range to get an idea of the sound quality. Don't need to buy it there, but the demo is well worthwhile.
                    I agree that is worthwhile but was hoping some of you have some of this kit at home that you have tried and tested and could recommend.

Comment

Working...
                    X