• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frecking animated avatars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frecking animated avatars

So best guess as to why this one -which should show Stingray being chased by big fishy type thingie animates when opened in windows piccie viewer but not when uploaded to here
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

temporary routing anomaly

see http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/excuses

Comment

The gif as uploaded definitely only contains one image.

I am sure there is nothing in the upload process that will convert an animated gif into a single image gif by stripping out the others!

The .gif you uploaded, what happens if you open it in your browser from your C: drive?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

It can definitely be done.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          The gif as uploaded definitely only contains one image.

I am sure there is nothing in the upload process that will convert an animated gif into a single image gif by stripping out the others!

The .gif you uploaded, what happens if you open it in your browser from your C: drive?
          it animates

Comment

Last time you mentioned this I checked out your image, and it only contained one frame. What are you using to create them? - it looks as if it is leaving you with just one frame when it is saved as a .gif.

Try right clicking on the .gif you created in Windows Explorer and select to open with Firefox/IE/whatever browser you are using.

Comment

Just checked - on my drive there are eight frames in the properties but it only uploads 1 frame onto CUK

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Just checked - on my drive there are eight frames in the properties but it only uploads 1 frame onto CUK
                Can you upload it elsewhere so that I can download it and have a go with my software?

Failing that, is it over 30K (or whatever the limits are here now) in size?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Can you upload it elsewhere so that I can download it and have a go with my software?

Failing that, is it over 30K (or whatever the limits are here now) in size?
                  Message sent & thanks

Comment

The one I sent you back is only 65*65 but of the original quality, the one I have as my avatar now is slightly larger and optimised but the quality stinks a bit.

30K doesn't go far with animated gifs.

Comment

Working...
                    X