• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website parking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website parking

I want to create and park a website for future use for my company name before it gets snapped up by someone else. Heck, may even go ahead and get it up and running.

Any advice on this?

Looked at Zen - seems pricey, offers Linux or Windows. Should I care which one? Ie, worth paying double for Windows?

This creating a company business is starting to get tricky.....

GoDaddy sells cheap domains and I am pretty certain they park them for free - I use them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      GoDaddy sells cheap domains and I am pretty certain they park them for free - I use them myself.
      Looked at GoDaddy - looks confusing. Says it includes email, then charges for this as an extra.

Kind of thinking about Zen to be honest - costs a lot more, but I feel the website looks more profesisonal.

Basically, I need to create the website and host from scratch., one email address would suffice (would go for info@****.co.uk) - any advice welcome!

Comment

Hosting site is another matter from parking - GoDaddy is bad for hosting, but they have free parking if you need to register domain name to keep it until the point when you need to host it.

I think you were just confused about difference between site parking and hosting - you need hosting, not parking, so GoDaddy is only good to buy domain, but host it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Hosting site is another matter from parking - GoDaddy is bad for hosting, but they have free parking if you need to register domain name to keep it until the point when you need to host it.

I think you were just confused about difference between site parking and hosting - you need hosting, not parking, so GoDaddy is only good to buy domain, but host it elsewhere.

Ok.... Where is good for hosting? Am I as well to buy and host at the same time? Also, what about designing the website? I am not a web developer, so want an easy to buy, host and design deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            Ok.... Where is good for hosting? Am I as well to buy and host at the same time? Also, what about designing the website? I am not a web developer, so want an easy to buy, host and design deal.
            Free hosting - I use freehosita, does what it says on the tin.

In terms of site development I am sure others will come and quote you for a nice site

Comment

Originally Posted by Mhtml on Coding Forums.com

Domains are like women - all the good ones are taken unless you want one from some foreign country.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                In terms of site development I am sure others will come and quote you for a nice site

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  one email address would suffice (would go for info@****.co.uk) - any advice welcome!
                  I wouldn't use info@...... this is a common email address and with be spammed to goodness!
                  http://www.bluejumper.com

Comment

I don't get much spam to my info address at all, around 4 emails a month actually:

1 from a recruitment consultant
                    2 from companies in india asking if I want to be on their business lists
                    1 from the Times offfering me a 'fantastic deal' on advertising
                    Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
                    X