• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broken Laptop Screen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Laptop Screen

I picked my laptop up and then 1 hand slipped leaving just one hand n the top corner holding it.... crack

Now it has a massive white strip dwn the right hand side. I am assuming it is pked and needs a full replacement. Its an ASUS G2, anyone had experience replacing a laptop screen and recomend a good place n Londonium?

You can try this lot: http://www.techno-mart.co.uk/ - quote on the phone without seeing the machine if you give them a description of the problem.
    The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Expensive.
      Agreed - I found it was cheaper (in the long run) to replace the laptop rather than pay almost £400 for a screen replacement..
      The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Just got quoted £250

Its a massive desktop replacement laptop.. so I might just buy a PC LCD screen, and use the laptop as a desktop, and buy a new smaller laptop.

Pretty expensive mistake.

Comment

Do you not have insurance that would cover this?

Our business insurance includes accidental damage to comapny owned equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            Just got quoted £250

Its a massive desktop replacement laptop.. so I might just buy a PC LCD screen, and use the laptop as a desktop, and buy a new smaller laptop.

Pretty expensive mistake.
            I'd have thought that was quite reasonable for a screen replacement?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              I'd have thought that was quite reasonable for a screen replacement?
              Until you consider that Dell sell laptops for £350.

Comment

If it is a desktop replacement laptop then I'm assuming that it is filled with pretty good parts and a big screen. On that basis I'd say the £250 is a good price - obviously there is the cost of the screen and the cost of getting somebody to do it - not something I'd try after I stuffed up my old one messing with the screen. Also I'd imagine that it's spec somewhat beats the £350 dell laptop.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Love the disguise Tony !

I'm sure it looks familiar somehow...
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Shhh don't tell him!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X