• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waiting for Domain Name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for Domain Name

Looking at buying the domain name for my LTD co but for some strange reason it is already registered to someone (no site behind it). checking the WhoIS i noticed that the renewal date was 11/11/2007 and the status is set to Requires Renewal.....how long until it drops back into the pot for other people to get hold of it or will it never be available for registering again ??
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Couple of days. Best bet is set up a domain watch on it.

What you will find is that it will probably get registered by an automatic bot which will then put a site there offering it for sale.

Ignore this then after 2 weeks it will get de-registered and you can buy it again.

Comment

Cheers will keep checking it
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

The owner can still renew up to 70 days after expiration - I tried to claim one back that I had yeasrs ago, but it stayed expired and then they re-registered it.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
        X