• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laptop drive needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop drive needed

My 2.5" ATA (Hitachi) has died.

What do I get to replace it? Are all 2.5" ATA drive the same fit a 22 pin connecter at the end of the drive?

I can't tell from looking at the pictures on Ebuyer. The codes they suggested were all SATA drives....

I got mine from LambdaTek...excellent service if you need a new one.

HTH
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I bought one from http://www.drivemylaptop.co.uk/ recently.. Excellent service and they have♦ a search function which will list the drives compatible with your machine..

HTH
      The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

I thought they were all pretty much the same. When I bought one for mine I just went to microdirect and asked them.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Yeah, 44 pins.. 2 rows of 22, with the last 4 being the power pins (well, for IDE drives at any rate - not looked at the 2.5" SATA disks)..
          The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

There are two different types of SATA connector too - so make sure you're looking at the right size with the right adapter.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Cheers. Seems like it's a standard ATA drive then, so ordered one and an enclosure to see what I can salvage of the previous oine (a software license key hopefully :-()

Comment

Working...
              X