• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geek Alert

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackberry sync doesn't work with pocketmac. Mark/space won't be ready for "upto 90 days"

Looks like I'll be printing my calendars for a while (good old pocketmod)
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Might do one of my PCs with it this 'holiday' season if I have time.

Comment

Upgraded on Friday all running fine no hitches at all. Reinstalled Vista as well under the new bootcamp, all fine but why does installing stuff on Windows take so long! was about 10 hours reinstalling everything on Vista, Office, VS etc

Comment

I love the fact that all you do to install Office on the Mac is place CD in drive, drag icon to apllication folder, wait a couple of minutes, then start Word, Excel etc at your leisure.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
            I love the fact that all you do to install Office on the Mac is place CD in drive, drag icon to apllication folder, wait a couple of minutes, then start Word, Excel etc at your leisure.
            Now now, be fair - you have to sit through 4 updates, and it doesn't do them all in one go. Silly microsoft.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Hey, let me check because I only got the one update yesterday.

Oh yes, 10.3.6 is available now.

Oh good, 2 more after that to look forward to.

Comment

All done.

Comment

cool, all reports sounding good so far.. i'll do mine in a couple weeks..

Comment

I don't want to dampen the parade too much but I would advocate proceeding with some element of caution. There have been reports of problems (see Apple support discussion boards) and I experienced some oddities that have been hard to explain. I can't work out whether these are feature changes or bugs.

I had some problems installing software such as Quark and Adobe; the mouse double click speed being set to the maximum on some accounts and confused family members; fast switch not working; oddities with bluetooth device setup; noticeable delays after the install (probably down to the hard drive being indexed); the fan on my mini running all the time now when it never did before (it is doing it now which is most annoying); losing the preferred wireless router selection for no apparent reason.

As of tonight I'm happy with the installation on both my machines but I think it might be prudent to hold off on an install until the first set of updates are available if you can accept the delay.

Comment

Working...
                    X