• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Action Pack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Action Pack

Anyone use it?

from what I understand its an Annual subscription of £200 but you get full working copies of Server 2003, Windows XP, Office 2003, Virtual PC, Exchange Server, ISA Server, Small Business Server 2003 plus loads more with 10 Activatoin licences.

Seems a pretty good deal to keep up with the latest software, what do those of you who use it think?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Yep good deal. Been subscribing since 2000. There's a change coming in soon though to make sure that Action Pack subscribers are genuine IT bods. I think they're looking at a 2 yearly exam or something. Personally I think if you've got MS certification then it shouldn't be necessary to pass exams to be a subscriber but there you go.

Comment

You may also want to take a look at the Microsoft Empower program, the entry requirements are a little more stringent but you get a lot more software (visual studio, windows server, msdn etc) for about £300.
      Wise Scout - Contract job search engine

Comment

Yes I've used it for ages and been pretty happy with it. We have 3 PC's and a laptop in our house, so for me £200 per year is a good deal.

will have a look at Microsoft Empower though
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
        X