• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCI-X and 64-bit 66mhz PCI

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCI-X and 64-bit 66mhz PCI

Are these two intercompatible.

I'm rebuilding my network file server. It has in it a 3ware 9500S-12 (got this from ebay for £100...it was a steal *most likely the guy that sold it did stal it*)

Looking at a new board with gig lan on-board. Has PCI-X, now I know PCI-X cards will work in PCI but would this card that is PCI 64bit/66mhz work in the PCI-X slot?

If you are wondering why the overkill solution. This and the last contracts have furnished me with a total of ~150Gb of data and losing it is just not an option. Not to mention the analysis of said data that can be a few months work so needs protecting. Not going for a NAS solution as I also need to functionality of a full server - often write small scripts of sanitise the data faster than S Excel can.

My laptop is set to use SCP over SSH to synchronise in case that my lappy is lost/stolen and each file needs to be overwritten if its changed and at the end of the day/week that is something that I really don't want to spend a lot of time doing.

Working...
X