• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTC S710 Phone & Web'n'Walk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTC S710 Phone & Web'n'Walk

I've been getting by with a cheap Virgin PAYG phone but I'm looking to invest in a more powerful phone on a monthly business contract, both for calls and for accessing the Internet.

The HTC S710 smartphone looks good, as do T-Mobile's web'n'walk plans. Unfortunately T-Mobile don't do that particular phone.

Has anyone here successfully used an S710 on T-Mobile with web'n'walk? Alternatively does any know if the networks that do offer the S710 (Vodafone and Orange) have any plans similar to web'n'walk - I have looked through their tariffs and options but can't see anything comparable.

Any other comments on the S710 would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kess

I don't have the device myself but try http://www.expansys.com/pf.aspx?i=145682 this may have the answer.
    Wise Scout - Contract job search engine

Comment

Originally posted by Kess View Post
      Any other comments on the S710 would be appreciated.
      I bought my S710 SIM free so can't comment on tariffs and such like, but I can let you know that I am very happy with it as a phone/comms device and has a nice work/play balance of features.

Pros
      Proper web browsing via IE (nice and fast via Wi-Fi, but is fine via GPRS too)
      Business and personal email (I get all MyCo emails on it and my Hotmail too)
      Slide-out keyboard means typing out emails / working on documents is actually achievable
      Full version of Windows Live Messenger
      Windows Mobile 6
      Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint (nice to be able to ping your CV off when you are on the move)

Cons
      Keys on keyboard can be fiddly at times

You may want to consider this which is coming out soon. Looks tasty.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Xenophon - thanks for the comments on your S710. How do you find the lack of a touchscreen - does this makes the phone's features and Windows Mobile awkward to use?

I was thinking of waiting for the HTC TyTN II until I saw the price: £400+ vs. under £250 for the S710 . I'm not sure if I can justify that difference (unless T-Mobile do a really good deal on it) even if it is bought by my most generous employer.
        Last edited by Kess; 6 September 2007, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Kess View Post
          Xenophon - thanks for the comments on your S710. How do you find the lack of a touchscreen - does this makes the phone's features and Windows Mobile awkward to use?

I was thinking of waiting for the HTC TyTN II until I saw the price: £400+ vs. under £250 for the S710 . I'm not sure if I can justify that difference (unless T-Mobile do a really good deal on it) even if it is bought by my most generous employer.
          I have never missed having a touchscreen, but I never really get on with them. Navigating with the 'mouse' and keys on the S710 is fine for me and works well.

Having said that I do like the look of the TyTN II rather a lot! Price will come down over time of course.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
          X