• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gras

Does anyone have any links to this technology known as GRAS or G-RAS.

My client apparently sets up its remote users with this technology and I may need to install this on my own PC's to obtain remote access.

I've hunted up and down Google and really can't find anything.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

What little I had was confiscated..sorry!!!
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Heard of 'Grass' - believe it's a shareware type GIS - used in education I think....bit old hat though...

Comment

Currently using it for remote laptop
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

so, like, is there info on available clients and such. I can't imagine my client installing it on my laptop. My client uses primervia? but wonder if there are others.

My future working arrangement will involve remote support and development so this will be necessary.
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

RRAS? = Windows Routing and Remote Access Service

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              so, like, is there info on available clients and such. I can't imagine my client installing it on my laptop. My client uses primervia? but wonder if there are others.

My future working arrangement will involve remote support and development so this will be necessary.
              have a look at www.ipass.com

Comment

Also I may know who you are, do you work for X ?

Comment

Doesn't matter, Apparently after speaking with the tech-dumbos. I won't be allowed to install the software on my machine and VPN in to their network. Its a security issue.

Now if you are a supplier who is providing support to a internal system. That means you have to be local because you need to physically be onsite to fix a problem.

Or, my client buys a laptop and installs the software on it and ships it to me. And said laptop will use my broadband to connect. This laptop will also be connect to my network and maybe work, or maybe not as it will be locked down. I will presumably will need admin priviledges in order make changes to get it to work on my network. Does this make sense?

I have indemnity insurance and have signed to appropriate paperwork on non-disclosure. What else must I give them. My right arm?

Comment

Working...
                  X