• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good c# GUI book

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good c# GUI book

Anyone recommend one? I've got "Windows Forms Programming in C#" by Chris Sells, which is quite good as a starter, but I really want something that is prepared to tackle the harder issues such as multithreading without saying "This is not within the scope of this book"

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Check out books by Charles Petzold

Comment

Thanks dotnetter, and thanks zeity for performing my google search for me
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Found this too, dedicated to multithreading if anyone is interested:

.NET Multithreading
        http://www.manning.com/dennis/

There are 2 free chapters, the rest of the book is pdf downloadable

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I think that is a .NET 1.1 book.

.NET 2.0 introduced quite a few new features and enhancement around threading and the anonymous delegates in 2.0 makes the code a lot more compact when creating threads.

Comment

ThreadStart and ParametizedThreadStart in .Net 2.0 were a god send

Comment

Working...
            X