• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT8212 PCI hard disk controller card...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT8212 PCI hard disk controller card...

IT8212 PCI hard disk controller card.

ATAPI or RAID.

Following yet another lost day fighting with hardware, software and Windoze(tm)...

I thought I'd post this to save others from the hassle...

Bought some unidentified IT8212 PCI card made in Taiwan.

This provides two more IDE interfaces, with the possibility of avoiding the bios limitations of "legacy" (i.e. ancient) bios & hardware.

Installed the card and Windoze did the PNP thing & asked for a driver.

Following the instructions on the leaflet got nowhere... Windoze(tm) denied that there was any type of driver whatsoever on the CD.

Copied files to a floppy: same result.

Card worked, though very slowly, and appeared to choke during transfers with pregnant pauses...

Following the usual googling, I discovered this site:

http://www.ite.com.tw/software_downl..._download2.asp

which is the download page for ITE semiconductors of Taiwan, the guys who make the IC on the card.

Clicking on the ITE8212F takes you to the requisite part of the page...

The file of greatest interest is

"Windows Driver & AP (for 32-bit) v1.7.2.4"

Which lets you download a zipped up installation program:

"8212DrvAP_094036-01.zip"

Unzip this & execute the program.

Point it to the installation stuff on the CD (or your previously useless floppy copy) and voila! it will install the driver.

Reboot & in Device Manager (Control Panel/System/Device Manager tab), there should be an entry for SCSI...

Hooray & all that.

-10 points for effort to whoever produced the CD for the card though.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    'Eck.

It's been referenced by google already...
    Are you Jewish already?

Comment

Working...
    X