• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PDA Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDA Recommendations

I'm sure that there are lots of you out there who use PDA's so I'm asking for recommendations on which is the best to buy - or even perhaps not to buy at all.
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

As a phone?

I just got an O2 XDA trion which I haven't had a chance to use yet but it's got good reviews. All the networks have their own equivalent (PDA phone with a slide out keyboard).

Just about everyone in the office has one - and mine just arrived today!

What network are you on?

*edit* - It just made me 'restart for changes to take effect - wasn't expecting to have to 'build' the bloody thing!
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On
      As a phone?

I just got an O2 XDA trion which I haven't had a chance to use yet but it's got good reviews. All the networks have their own equivalent (PDA phone with a slide out keyboard).

Just about everyone in the office has one - and mine just arrived today!

What network are you on?

*edit* - It just made me 'restart for changes to take effect - wasn't expecting to have to 'build' the bloody thing!
      My mobile phone network is Orange.
      No, I don't want to use it as a phone, I've got a perfectly adequate one already (though I might get a phone through my company as long as profits allow) and I am currently on PAYG. My phone has a calendar option which allows me to store appointments etc but I want to get a dedicated PDA.
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Using an Orange M3100 which does me nicely (Really good with a bluetooth GPS unit from ebay for about £30!! )

Comment

Got the M3100 on Orange contract also. Has a wireless network card so you can connect to your home network v.easily. Love playing bubble breaker on it too! If you wanted to also, and you have a large memory card, you can even watch films on it. Only down side is no headphone jack

Comment

Still using my old ipaq 2210, hasn't let me down.
            Loaded with tons of music (Big SD Card) and tomtom sat nav

Comment

HP 6915 mobile messenger.

AWESOME!

I got the whole Office stuff sync'ed up - Slingbox TV, TomTom, wireless, bluetooth, google maps, etc

you can get'em for 225 ish - cos they're bringing a 3g one out soon ish

Comment

If you're not needing phone functionality then have a look at this

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                  If you're not needing phone functionality then have a look at this

It says "small enough to fit in your pocket", then shows a picture of a guy with a manbag strapped to his belt!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe
                    I'm sure that there are lots of you out there who use PDA's so I'm asking for recommendations on which is the best to buy - or even perhaps not to buy at all.
                    Why do you want one? The answer to that will guide your choice.
                    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                    X