• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What the Microsoft is going on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the Microsoft is going on?

A couple of times recently I've been in the middle of typing a web address:
    h t t p : / / w w w .
    and suddenly the browser is off and gone loading something.

This would suggest that I'd nudged the enter key by mistake.

Then the "chosen" site appears: microsoft.com !!!

Now if this was happing on MS IE5 or 6 I could well understand the nonsense. However, this was using a copy of Firefox. Mozaic aren't that friendly with MS, and Firefox is generally regarded as a little tougher at resisting web nasties. The PC has been swept for virus material.

Any ideas - or is it just dementia creeping in? :x

Firefox is fine product - switched full time 4 weeks ago and don't look back!

Comment

Firefox

But even Firefox is not that resistant to some spyware type issues. I have seen Firefox and others succumb to this in testing. Almost certainly a related issue. Firefox is still a great product btw!

Comment

Working...
      X