• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VB webbrowser

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VB webbrowser

If you add a VB web browser to a project it uses the ocx/dlll in windows system directory, so a distribution will use whatever version of IE the user has.

I would like to use a feature only in IE5.5 onwards. Assuming I copy the correct ocx/dll to the project directory, is it possible to place a web browser that uses those instead?

Can add shdocvw.dll to references and it then shows as "Microsoft Internet Controls" but webbrowser not on Toolbox so not sure how to add control to form.

Any ideas appreciated.

PS If you have one of those anal PC Answers reading types who installs a different webbrowser and then insists on removing IE manually I assume webbrowser will not work at all.

When you get it going you might want to add AtWFree functionality.

Comment

create an instance at runtime?

set ie = new internetexplorer
      ie.visible = true

then use the object's interface as usual.
      you should be able to bundle the object you have referenced with the installation?

sp in 'can't believe i'm still dealing with vb' mode

Comment

or

go to project menu
        choose 'components'
        you should see 'microsoft internet controls' in the 'controls' tab
        select and you should see(?) the icon in the toolbox.

Comment

dd

Ta sp. Will check out the new IE thing.

Comment

Working...
          X