• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCI-EXPRESS or AGP ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCI-EXPRESS or AGP ?

I'm looking to upgrade my home PC soon. I've been looking at mother boards but can't decide whether to go for one that supports PCI-Express or AGP.

I'll be buying an NVIDIA graphics card as I run Wiindows and Linux.

Has anyone got any decent links to comparisons of the tow, or experience of either / both

MG

PCI-EXPRESS

AGP is being replaced by PCI-express so I would go for the newer standard - doesnt seem to make the gfx cards significantly more expensive.

Comment

Re: PCI-EXPRESS

I don't know, you people!

When will you see the light?

Comment

OH,

doesnt apple use PCI ? I seem to remember that some cards work on PC and apple hardware.

Cluck

damn just fell foul of the flood blocker!

Comment

They do use PCI but Apple users don't care what graphics card they have. They simply use the one that came with the box.

6 or 7 years later they will think things are getting slow but then they will simply buy a new machine.

Does your machine give you warm feelings?

Comment

Does your machine give you warm feelings?
            If yours does then does then your concept of cyber sex has gone a bit awry.

Comment

sparc boxes dont run too hot, but they do provide a splendid flat platform for nesting.

Comment

Working...
              X