• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTML problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML problem

I want to acheive a decent quality page on all screen resolutions and quality is generally better if you resize images down rather than up. However I find, in IE5 at any rate, that images within tables cannot be sized below actual image size, ie you can only size up.

Ok avoid tables, use spans & divs etc as images are fully resizable in those. But then there's another problem. Can anyone see why in the following, with span position absolute but blockquotes NOT position absolute do the captions in 2nd block appear on top of the pictures in the first?

{blockquote}
    {span style="left:10%; width:20%;"}{img src="images\fruit_poppy.gif" border=0 width=100%}{/span}
    {span style="left:40%; width:20%;"}{img src="images\fruit_sycamore.gif" border=0 width=100%}{/span}
    {span style="left:70%; width:20%;"}{img src="images\fruit_thistle.gif" border=0 width=100%}{/span}
    {/blockquote}

{blockquote}
    {span style="left:0%; width:33%;"}"Pepper-pot" effect{br}Poppy{/span}
    {span style="left:33%; width:33%;"}"Winged" fruits{br}Sycamore{/span}
    {span style="left:66%; width:33%;"}"Parachute" fruits and seeds{br}Thistle{/span}
    {/blockquote}

One can put strings of s or arbitrary heights but in pages not full screen that looks tulipe too. How do I force the 2nd block to follow on? I need it to work on a wide range of machines post 2000 (IE5) and preferably without using jscript.

need to use

style = ******; top:323; etc etc

Comment

or even

position:a_b_s_o_l_u_t_e; left:10;top:323;

Comment

or even

just apply the style directly to the img tag...

Comment

Re: or even

Forgot about this. Ta for your comments SP.

Comment

Working...
          X