• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTP using wininit.dll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP using wininit.dll

Long shot I daresay but anyone ever used the InternetConnect API call for FTP that uses wininit.dll. ?

Using:

lngINetConn = InternetConnect(lngINet, "www.gatekeeperel.co.uk", 0, "myid", "mypwd", 1, 0, 0)
    blnRC = FtpGetFile(lngINetConn, "blahblah/info.html", "info.html", 0, 0, 1, 0)

The FtpGetFile fails returning 0 but the darn file is there on the host in that directory. If I do exact equivalent with MS's FTP test site, it works fine.

lngINetConn = InternetConnect(lngINet, "ftp.microsoft.com", 0, "anonymous", "[email protected]", 1, 0, 0)
    blnRC = FtpGetFile(lngINetConn, "MISC/INDEX.TXT", " index.txt", 0, 0, 1, 0)

Have tried setting dir/file permission on my site as on MS site but nowt.

Cheers for any ideas.

have you got a value for

err.LastDllError?

Comment

ftp using Wininet

Just a thought but have you tried using FtpSetCurrentDirectory to change to the remote directory rather than trying to specify it with its path in the original call?

Comment

Re: ftp using Wininet

Not really expecting any replies on this. Ta chaps, will try both of those.

Comment

Working...
        X