• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sony laptops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony laptops

I am thinking of buying a VGN-B!XP or a VGN-S3HP for the business. Before I do, anyone got any feedback on either of these models.......or even service/help from Sony?!

NOOOOOOO!

Not a Sony fan. Mine (and a few colleague's machines) have been nothing but trouble.

Comment

sony

I bought a second hand Sony vaio (PIII) for my daughter about 5 yrs ago and it's been fine apart from needing a new battery (about £80) about a year ago. Then last weekend it died!. I rang around a few laptop repair places yesterday who all suggested it's the motherboard and due to difficulty of getting parts, I'll probably end up having to spend a lot of money dealing with Sony directly. Fortunately a place recommended near Watford have taken it to have a look at and optimistically reckon it'll cost about £80+vat to get working again, provided they don't have to replace the whole motherboard.
      I have a bit of a laptop household, with an Acer, Samsung and Novatech laptop being the most recent. There's not a lot to differentiate them. They all do the job, the Novatech cost about £580 with a 14" 'wide screen' and Wifi built-in, so it's quite light and the screen is excellent for a budget priced laptop.
      The new Sony's I've seen look the business but they start at about £800, but then it's a bit like buying a Merc or BMW, it's the badge that infers the quality etc and as long as you're happy to have paid a premium for it then fine.
      p.s Another make a colleague rates highly is AJP.

Comment

Re: sony

I have a Sony Vaio Z1XMP. Bought new off eBay for £1300 about a year ago ....it's been absolutely superb.

Comment

Working...
        X