• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No brain cookie code

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No brain cookie code

What I want to do is dead simple, just save a radio button setting so the correct update option is selected next time the user goes to webtulipe page. Seem to be various bits of free code on web to save/load cookies. What I really need is a bit of no-brain code I can just bung in without too many mods. php preferred cos it looks groovy. Not horrid perl anyhow.

Some bits of free code on the internet are really great, but some are just full of basic syntax and other errors and I don't have any php books. Grateful for any recommendations by anyone who has tried any of them.

Cookies in PHP are a doddle and you don't really need a book - it's all documented on the web. (Having said that I learned it from a book).

setcookie docs for php

With luck your server will be set up to automatically populate the appropriate variables from cookies when it starts up. Some don't as it's supposed to represent some sort of security threat but I don't know what.

all you need do on the control is add an

if ($burble) echo "checked "; (or similar) inside the tag html in the appropriate place (obviously inside php start and end tags which I guess ezboard wouldn't allow me to code.

Comment

eh

That looks a good page. Ta fiddle.

Comment

Working...
      X