• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XP and Messenger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP and Messenger

I recently re-installed Windows XP on my computer, and decided this time to set it up so that my girl-friend could use it as well, i.e. 2 user accounts.

The problem I have is that although Windows Messenger works perfectly on my account, when I switch to the other one it won't start at all. Also when I try e-mail on this account it takes 10-15 seconds to start because it's waiting for the messenger client, which of course isn't running.

Any ideas, beside's removing, and re-installing messenger?

You may have to give u gf permission to execute the app.

Comment

When I suggested (many moons ago now) that I and my (ex-) girlfriend kept separate home email addresses, she accused me of being secretive and trying to hide things from her. As it transpired, she was absolutely right.

Of little value to this thread, I'm afraid, but I felt it important to mention it, so that you know how lucky you are to be with a lass that understands a man's need for privacy.

Comment

Why didn't you just use a hotmail account?

Comment

It's easier to change gf than email address...

Comment

I refuse to waste brain cells on this post because you're stupid enough to use messenger in the first place

Comment

Working...
            X