• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCMCIA device on a Desktop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCMCIA device on a Desktop

I've got an HP CD Writer that interfaces to the laptop via a PCMCIA card.

Is it possible to get either a card for the desktop that will accept the PCMCIA ? or what about a USB device to read the PCMCIA?

I'm just being tight as I don't want to buy a brand new USB Hard Drive / CD Writer !

Thanks

You can get add on PCMCIA devices for desktops.

Not exactly cheap though, I think the last one I used was about £200 for the interface card and the card reader thingy that sits on the desk.

Comment

new cable ?

Lots of those things were available with differenty cable options, so usb, firewire, pcmcia etc.

Zeitghost is correct that you can get internal adapters try google - eg www.amtron.com/reader/internal.htm

Comment

Working...
      X