• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AVG anti virus software error

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVG anti virus software error

I use W2K and MS Outlook. I tried the free AVG 6 s/w and decided to upgrade to the paid for 7.0. However, when I load Outlook I get a missing avgxch32.dll error, even though it's there on the HD, and I have an incomplete installation error as a result (I've tried reinstalling with full admin rights etc.). I'm less than 100% confident that my PC is fully protected.

Has anyone else had this error with grisoft's avg 7.0?

Also, if it turn's out that avg 7 is a load of junk then what antivirus s/w would you recommend.

And finally, does anyone know of a good net based discussion forum for anti virus stuff like this?

Never had a problem with Symantec (Norton) AntiVirus kit.

Seamless install. Automatic definition updates.

Excellent stuff.

I have it installed on 7 PC's and servers in my office at home.

Comment

Re: Norton Antivirus

Echo that, and it's cheap too. Around £35 incl a years updates, or available on Kazaa for slightly less...

Comment

Most files on Kazaa are infected with worms and trojans.

I would rather pay £35 than compromise my bullet proof windows security :rolleyes

Comment

> Most files on Kazaa are infected with worms and trojans.

oh dear - wrong! its best to use emule however as its far safer to downlload known good files MD5 checked

Comment

KaZaA worms

DuLoad worms spread from KaZaA

KaZaA Virus

I got bored at this point.

Loads of worms, trojans and virus infected files (with doctored MD5 hashes) waiting for AtW.

Comment

i dont use Kazaa - the key in every game to always be at least 1 step ahead.

Comment

Unfortunately, I've only had limited success with Norton AntiVirus.

If your customer has misguidedly installed another Norton product beforehand, and it hasn't been properly uninstalled, it is an absolute nightmare to fix later.

So much so, that I gave up after scouring their website, and removing every recorded registry entry, only to find it still wouldn't install on one system. They have a tool, but it doesn't seem to work in every eventuality (certainly not in this case).

In the end we upgraded to PC-cillin - which installed and works perfectly.

In it's defence, though, it was just this one PC, and I there is an exception to every rule. BUT if it won't install, you're stuck with their £18 support charge - even if they can't fix it. Do you know what, they told my customer that installing a new motherboard was the issue. Complete testicles imv.

Comment

Working...
                X