• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Info for Atw

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info for Atw

Atw,

You were looking for a free database solution that supports very large databases, is ANSI-92 compliant etc.

Take a look at Sql lite

A single windows dll of a few hundred K makes up the complete database.

Hope this is helpful.

DP.

Oh, and it can be used directly with .NET, there are various means and ways on the site.

www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWrappers

yeah I found it too Dim, thanks. It actually sounds interesting as it is very lightweight something that is not the case with MSFT (albeit good DB).

Question is whether it will work well with clustered indices and multi-GB databases but to be fair all I really need is something free built-in that can demonstrate product, then automate download and installation of mySQL

I will soon actually reach the stage where I start playing with DB code, so I will give it a go.

cheers

p.s. that action pack thing was very good - am gonna definately buy it as it will make me legit and save lots of dosh!!!

Comment

re

Hypersonic SQL is good if your using Java.

Comment

Working...
      X