• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to snap up .co.uk domain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to snap up .co.uk domain?

There is a .co.uk domain that I would like to own, but someone else already has it registered. It looks like their registration expires soon, so I hope to grab it.

How would I go about doing this? I'm pretty clueless!

You might be clueless but Nominet are ****** useless ...

There are domains I would like to get that have gone way past expiry into suspension and they still have not released them.

Have a trawl throught the stuff on www.nominet.org.uk/ for how it happens (or rather should because in practice it doesn't)

There are lots of places you can register a domain - some ISPs bundle the registration with the hosting so decide on a host for your site first.

Comment

123-reg.co.uk & godaddy have pre - registration for failed renewals.

Comment

Working...
      X