• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

clueless *******

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clueless *******

Sorry

I know I should know how to do this ...but I don't .......I bought a www.blahblah.co.uk DR for my business which came with a mail account. [email protected]

This mail account is redirected to my yahoo.co.uk which is fine & dandy

But if I reply then it has to be from my yahoo accounts.

wtf do I need to generate a message so it appears to come from my blahblah.co.uk account?

I think you're gonna need a POP3 account.

But I'm another clueless ******* - what do I know? :lol

Comment

mail

Well I have never used yahoo - do you have to go through a web form or can you access pop or smtp ?

On windows just set the reply-to address to [email protected]

Cannt you use the smtp server from your dial up isp ?

Comment

Mail

The Yahoo mail account is POP3 is it really as easy as setting the "reply to address" field?

Comment

Re: Mail

If you use outlook (or similar) then make your email address and reply to address the email you want to use.

Just a thought - do Yahoo append a signature advertising it's a yahoo account on each mail (like Hotmail) - if so, I doubt you'd be able to cover it entirely.

Also - if people really want to know they can check the mail headers which would give them the idea you're using a yahoo account to send your mail.

Maybe it's easier just to set up a POP3 account on your domain?

HTH,

Kev

Comment

You can also set up a free pop3 account with one of the many 0845 isp's. I've got a few with Orchidserve, for example. In most mail apps (Outlook, Outlook Express etc) you can 'spoof' the 'from' address and the 'reply to' address so they appear to have come from your domain. OTOH, if your domain package includes pop3 mail, just set up an account with them.

Comment

There may be a problem with Relay here.

Almost every mail server has security to control relay of messages.
              So You can not use the Yahoo SMTP server to relay messages if 1) You have not logged on under pop first (POP b4 SMTP) and often there are checks to ensure that the senders address (under rfc 821 & 822) is one it knows about.

MG

Thats my £0.02 worth

Comment

Working...
              X