• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bluetooth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth

I'm looking to use bluetooth to send text information to mobile devices in a certain radius. I have a bluetooth dongle but I am finding it difficult to interface with it using J2ME. Anyone done anything like this?

realistically its a problem without MIDP 2.0 implementation and like no one got it.

Comment

re

No I mean using J2ME (javax.microedition, javax.comm, javax.bluetooth) to interface with a dongle on a PC to discover bluetooth devices (mob phones, PDA). The devices dont need J2ME on them. Something like the TDK BlueAlert but done in Java.

Comment

Re: re

so devices do not need J2ME but you want to program it using J2ME - what the hell you gonna run on device then to support your J2ME coded protocol? the interfaces you referred to (AFAIK) are present in J2ME 2.0 - more correctly referred to as MIDP 2.0 - java.sun.com/products/midp/

manufacturers that claim to support it in _shipping_ products are next to none and God knows how many of them actually ship fully compatible product - with bluetooth support for example. Supposedly new P900 phone has got it.

Comment

re

Dongle on PC on Java >> Bluetooth compatible phone.

I need to know how I can talk to the Dongle using Java. The dongle will then find bluetooth devices.

Comment

if i were you I would not bother - we all friends here and we all know you do not really start any of your highly diverse projects yet alone complete them - just switch your interest to something else

Comment

re

if i were you I would not bother - we all friends here and we all know you do not really start any of your highly diverse projects yet alone complete them - just switch your interest to something else

Or in other words : "I can't answer that question, so that I will do is bulltulip my way out of it."

Look, if you haven't got anything decent to say be quiet. Do me a favour and go and obtain a GSCE in English you self-righteous bastard.

Comment

yeah am working on improving English, gotta take that Cambridge Proficiency next year me thinking - this time get A.

Comment

Look, if you haven't got anything decent to say be quiet. Do me a favour and go and obtain a GSCE in English you self-righteous bastard.
                  Oooo - handbags - don't often see that in the more refined sections of CUK

Comment

Working...
                  X