• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SAS base

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAS base

I have been searching on t'web and there are dozens and dozens of sources of info all about SAS, tutorials, training, free source code etc etc

Does anyone have any first hand experience with SAS ? and has anyone tried any of the online tutorials ?

I have used SAS over the years, but looking at the SAS website it has obviously been de-mainframe-ised :rolleyes

And it is now donning a fancy new coat and masquerading as a proper Windows/Client Server application.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

re

i thought you were on about SAS forces - like the HQ and stuff until i read 'source code'. no idea, what is SAS?

Comment

Re: re

www.sas.com/start/it.html

I think it stands for Statistical Analysis Software

Comment

try SPSS - they have eval copies, or even try Statistica - you may find latter more use friendly

Comment

Thanks ATW , unfortunately I cannot influence the decision about using SAS so I am having to re-educate myself fairly quickly

The SAS website is pretty good, they are a very open company and offer a lot of advice. There are dozens of companies offering online Tutorials in SAS and many other software packages, the prices range from $50 - $500

Some of them do offer a package of 300 - 400 tutorials covering a wide variety of software, so it may be worthwhile as a general investment in improving my knowledge.

Comment

SAS Learning Edition - interesting concept direct from SAS themselves. The complete SAS Software for one individual PC licence, does everything that the fully-blown corporate edition will do, apart from it will only read or write 1,000 records from any files

$125 sounds like a good bargain, does anyone know of any other software companies that offer such a product ? could be great to have your PC full up with "corporate" software :rolleyes

Still keen to hear from any SAS peeps out there, I have found a couple of good user groups, but personal recommendations are always welcome.

Comment

what kind of stats tasks you trying to solve? so far I managed to live with Excel even tho I am really close to switching to something like SPSS - this is only worth doing AFTER all my Excel reports are fully understood and acted upon

Comment

Working...
              X