• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excellent .Net resources

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent .Net resources

Best winforms app I've seen yet:
    devcenter.infragistics.co...acker.aspx

Great for general .Net and OOD best practices, also uses the Microsoft Data Access, Exception Management and Application Updater application blocks. It's much better than Microsoft's TaskVision sample app.

Also:
    The Visual Basic .NET Resource Kit
    msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic...fault.aspx

Only just released.

Excellent .Net resources

it's high time those guys at infragistics got out some more.

Comment

x

they didn't write it, they commissioned this guy to do it:

Jason Beres is the .NET Technical Evangelist for Computer Ways, Inc, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner located in Deerfield Beach, Florida (www.computerways.com). Jason is a Microsoft .NET MVP, is on the INETA Speakers Bureau (www.ineta.org) and is the co-Chair of the INETA Academic Committee. Jason is the author of Teach Yourself Visual Studio .NET 2003 in 21 Days from Sams, the co-author of the Visual Basic .NET Bible from Wiley, the C# Bible from Wiley, and is currently finishing up Teach Yourself Visual C# .NET in 21 Days from Sams.
      The eBook that comes with it is a goldmine of useful info in itself.

Comment

x

where is the ebook?

Comment

x

oops

Comment

Thanks for posting this.

I am always looking at other best practice apps. It's the best way to learn new and interesting development techniques, and hmm, borrow code blocks .

Comment

.net books

If I was thinking of doing a bit of PC coding what books would you recommend ?

I last coded properly on PC's when win95 was new and used fortran and borland C.

I guess I would use C or vb these days - is there a visual developer tool yet for ms C++?

thanks

Mark

Comment

Re: .net books

go straight to .net and use isharp?

Comment

isharp ?

wazzat then ?

Ive heard of c# but I have no idea how different it is to c++

?

Comment

Re: isharp ?

"Ive heard of c# but I have no idea how different it is to c++"

It's more like Java with a few typos. Not much like C++ (although Java syntax is based on C).

Comment

Working...
                    X