• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

blogs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blogs

I would like to be able to create a "testimonials" section to add into my website, so managers I have worked for on previous contracts can provide feedback direct onto my site.

In order to do this I am looking for a free blog where I can embed it into my pages.

any ideas ?

Have used Wordpress a few times - a very easy to install and use package. Not entirely sure what it is you want to do but I am sure this could be adapted to do pretty much anything you want.

Comment

What he said - WP is great, I have 5 blogs in WP (and they all make money)- wouldn't go any other bloody way.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

There is also Wordpress Multi-User, allows you to have multiple Blogs for Multiple Domains on the one server using the one database.
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Why not use LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com)? I use it and find it excellent.
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

I downloaded communityserver and installed it on my website. The Express edition was free
            http://get.communityserver.org/
            YOu seen SQl 2000 or 2005 as a back end.

But as Flubster says use I use linked in and it's starting to prove itself now, I only use the free version at the moment. If it starts proving itself a bit more I will start paying for it.
            threenine.co.uk
            Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

thanks

for the responces,

the reason I asked is because I want to create a testimonials page on my website, for others to leave comments, not myself. is a blog the best solution for this ?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP
                for the responces,

the reason I asked is because I want to create a testimonials page on my website, for others to leave comments, not myself. is a blog the best solution for this ?
                No, its probably overkill, you just need a guestbook, have a search you will find loads
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

what kind of server is your website on? and what type of backend have you got?
                  threenine.co.uk
                  Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
                  X