• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what do I program this in then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do I program this in then?

www.knight-gkla.supanet.com/analogue.htm

Anyone ever programmed anything like this?

no but this - www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/mk-61.html

was not much differnt

Comment

But your Russian calculator didn't have valves in it, I assume.

Comment

yeah no valves

Comment

re

<wolf whistle> ..look at that baby

Comment

Re: re

Which one? The one with valves or the one with Cyrillic?

Comment

I once did a course on analogue computers in about 65. You didn't really program them as such, you just breadboarded the blocks - integrators, differentiators, summers etc. with jumper leads to get the required equation. Think they did hybrid computers later that you programmed conventionally to configure the analogue circuit.

Comment

Hi, Xog. Yup, it was a bit of a trick question really.

When I was busy doing the wonderfully titled "Council of Engineering Institutions Part II" in 1978, a fair percentage of the Computing course was still taken up with Analogue Computers and their programming.

Never had call to use any of it, strangely enough. All that scaling of variables makes my head hurt.

Now, does anyone remember plated wire memory?

Comment

Working...
                X