• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 2000 Server

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 2000 Server

Evening all,

where is the cheapest place to get Windows 2000 Server and how much should I expect to pay ?

Other than that, where is the cheapest place to get Windows XP professional upgrade for XP Home edition ?

Thanks,

Milan.

You really shouldn't be worrying your pretty little head with stuff like that - stick to FIFA Soccer Manager, Doom, etc. etc.

Perhaps you could also get somebody to show you how to use a search engine too or even price comparison sites - you may be surprised to discover it but there is more than this site on the web.

Comment

Thanks dad,

well I went on Dealtime.co.uk and it wasn't exactly music to my ears but there we are.

Though it pains me to give soooo much money to Microshaft, I must remember the cost does come off my tax so there is a little bit of a silver lining.

Back to the question, does anybody know a site or shop that does MS Server 2000 or XP Professional for a good price ?

Thanks,

Milan.

Comment

ebay, with those nice gold disks.

Comment

Why not sign up the the M$ licensing programme if it's still available. Loadsa stuff for £200.

Comment

> ebay, with those nice gold disks.

emule is cheaper - all software is shareware there - providing you can find somebody willing to share it

Comment

Novell Small Business Suite 6, an arguably better product, with a perpetual 5 user/2 server license is Free. See my profile.

Comment

Novell? Don't make me larf :lol

Comment

RobAnt is not exactly up to date on current affairs - perhaps he might want to check that Novell bought SuSe Linux and now will move completely to it - I remember we had big argument that Novell won't die - but there it is - clear sign of imminent death :lol

Comment

If you have any mates, you might be able to persuade one of them to 'loan' you a copy for 'evaluation purposes'.
                    Or there's always Kazaa...:lol

Comment

Working...
                    X