• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.net event handling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a look at this example

www.infragistics.com/expense/Default.aspx

An online expenses application.

Like to see you knock that up in PHP in 5 minutes.

Comment

Re: Have a look at this example

ekkk, I would certainly never "knock" app that before doing anything tells me with annoying JavaScript about best resolution it should be viewed at!

I could certainly do something like this in PHP or pure Perl and biggest problem for me would be deciding on colour styles and getting icons.

Chart is certainly fancy thing, not sure if no ActiveX is beign used, but in principle free nice charting libs are available on the Net. Serious people never use web page for final charting - they want quick stuff AND export into Excel for serious digging.

I said before and I will repeat - simple stuff does not take much to implement in any language. It is hard to decide what is worth implementing - something that is worth money, and being able to prototype quickly diffferent ideas just to see if they work is a big PLUS. Personally I find Perl being ideal for that - Java and .NET require a lot more effort.

Comment

Working...
      X