• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any web designers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any web designers?

Are there any web designers on here who want to help with some modifications on my website? www.datemymates.co.uk

Im looking at making the site a bit more 'datey' and less on the social netwoking side. I think the idea of group dating is a good one as it improves safety, has less of a stigma and less nerve wrecking!

anyone interested?

Also any suggestions on how to improve the site much appreciated.

Originally posted by RRH
    Are there any web designers on here who want to help with some modifications on my website? www.datemymates.co.uk

Im looking at making the site a bit more 'datey' and less on the social netwoking side. I think the idea of group dating is a good one as it improves safety, has less of a stigma and less nerve wrecking!

anyone interested?

you could rename the site findashag.com

Comment

Yikes.

Your images are too heavy - the site is very slow because of this:
      http://www.websiteoptimization.com/s...k/db/index.php

I'd redo most of the graphics, align them properly along with your navigation, and use a more neutral background colour. My eyes hurt.

As for the markup - use css layout instead of tables please.

Comment

You're also using PHP, which while fine for more modest things doesn't really scale well (you can't cluster it) and is not really secure enough if you're going to take money on the site - http://www.php-security.org/
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
          You're also using PHP, which while fine for more modest things doesn't really scale well (you can't cluster it) and is not really secure enough if you're going to take money on the site - http://www.php-security.org/
          CB - Presumably, if you are going to use a third party to take payment and capture the users order details, this is not so much of an issue?

Reason I ask, is Plan B (which I have inherited and due to go live in the coming weeks) is built using PHP and MySQL.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
            CB - Presumably, if you are going to use a third party to take payment and capture the users order details, this is not so much of an issue?

Reason I ask, is Plan B (which I have inherited and due to go live in the coming weeks) is built using PHP and MySQL.
            If you're redirecting out to a service like Worldpay or PayPal you're fine because no payment details are taken on your site. I'd severely worry if your site is actually collecting any payment information through your PHP pages though. I personally wouldn't use it and I wouldn't recommend anyone else do so.
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by RRH
              Delete the site and sell the domain name.

You obviously are useleth.

Comment

Ditto - I'm currently using JSP to achieve the same result - but not capturing any data other than the quantity and amount - and sending those values through to a secure site verified by visa for the customer to do the rest. I wouldn't touch PHP for data capture.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                  If you're redirecting out to a service like Worldpay or PayPal you're fine because no payment details are taken on your site. I'd severely worry if your site is actually collecting any payment information through your PHP pages though. I personally wouldn't use it and I wouldn't recommend anyone else do so.
                  And the same would go for collecting user data using PHP, right?
                  e.g. Creating a user account for your website.

Is the alternative to go for an ASP/SQL solution?

Comment

the site is currently free to use, I generate money through advertsing-does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what features I should add when I revamp the site?

Comment

Working...
                    X