• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

odbc and web site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odbc and web site

i am using ms access / odbc / xp-pro
    i am not able to write to a table via recordset.

anybody know the fix for this

Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.

every time i change my microsoft world i get this crap ...

google is your freind. plenty of solutions out there.

However, its probably down to permissions.

not .net is it?

Comment

no it is not .net

i think it is something to do with part installing ms visual studio 6 which because of the vc++ editor I cannot live without.

I have tried registry security ; admin user with write rights.

Been on google ... what worked on NT 2000 does not with xp-pro.
      I think it is a macroshaft ploy to ensure software upgrades.
      I cannot face attempting to get my copy of .net so don't even suggest ....

Comment

Does the same thing happen if you use a Jet OLE DB provider?

Comment

Welcome to Microsoft . The trouble is error messages are always misleading. My advice: reinstall everything from scratch; if it still doesn't work then tough titty, purchase or down load a new version, or as someone suggested try DAO.

Sometimes packages are just incompatible. I developed a Micros**t ODBC application with Oracle but there were so many versions and incompatiblilities with different NT versions, installed dlls etc. it was a f**ing nightmare. We used Access in the end.

Comment

with pictures:

www.webwizguide.info/asp/faq/server_permissions.asp

IUSER is the account IIS uses to access your database (its all to do with M$ security :rollin ) you need to allow IIS write permissions.

The solution for .net is a bit more difficult which is why I asked.

Comment

Working...
            X