• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

shapecfg & routing tables

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shapecfg & routing tables

Right folks, if you've got this far you must know what I'm on about.

I have 3 ethernet NICs working (no small feat that either!) which ping and do ftp and telnet no problem.

Problem for me is this. I have a need to set up some routing on a Linux box using shapecfg (a specially modified version) but can anyone recomend a book/site that explains from the start exactly what each field is when you do a route -n dump? I must be thick or something but how do I know weather to make a route a net or host? Is my box a gateway or host or router? Does routed need to run (cos it wan'st running when I looked), why does the dump not map the 0.0.0.0 to 'default? And so it goes on. I want this to succeed but the info so far seems to assume you know the basics.

Thanks

Working...
X